As a mom I don't always feel good enough. Yeah sure he's fed, clothed, clean and happy but his fingernails are getting a bit long and have you seen my kitchen? It's so good to have a reminder (or three) that sometimes good enough is just fine. Also maybe what I perceive to be just good enough is possibly actually far better than that.
Reminder #1
My mom sent me a blog link and said it was "required reading" and I'm glad I took the time to read it and I highly recomend you read it too: Drops of Awesome
I get credit for feeding, clothing, and keeping him clean and happy regardless of how many dishes I washed today. I don't have to do it ALL, I just have to do enough and try to improve.
Reminder #2
I read a poem in the mother's room (a quiet room for nursing) at church a while ago and I love it =)
To A First Time Mother
Relax my dear...
Your little elf is just an amateur himself.
So if your hands so newly filled
With tasks seem some what less than skilled…
Relax, I say!
Your little pinkling
Doesn’t have the slightest inkling
That you are new to baby lore…
He’s never had a mom before.
Reminder #3
Do you see my super adorable little vibrantly healthy baby? I've gotta be doing something right. He's never been sick or had a diaper rash or anything. Oh and I'm his favorite person ever, (it helps that I make milk) so I think that I'm good enough.
Add a couple drops of awesome to my bucket =).
No comments:
Post a Comment