Monday, February 17, 2014

I may be complaining but...


It's justified! 

For all the women in my life who love being pregnant (including my mother-in-law and at least one sister-in-law) good for you! I'm glad you enjoy the miracle of life. Perhaps you have the worlds easiest pregnancies, or (more likely) you just have a better attitude than me.

Because for me it's just not like that.

Pregnancy is aches and pains, sleepless nights and feeling gross all while expanding seemingly exponentially for NINE MONTHS! Oh, and then there is labor, I'll spare you my thoughts on that.

Seeing the ultrasounds is cool, the first few kicks are neat, and I obviously like getting a sweet little baby at the end (or I wouldn't be pregnant again). 

That's it though, I literally hate everything else about being pregnant. My normal clothes don't fit, I feel tired all the time, I can't sleep more than a few hours without having to get up to pee and my hips hurt so bad I can barely walk some days. I have headaches, backaches, foot aches, and you-name-it-aches...

And then there was yesterday....

It seemed like a normal Sunday, we got up and ready for church, and sat in our usual pew. We listened to the meeting, we sang the opening hymn, we took the sacrament, and then during the first speaker I realized I didn't feel so well....

Suddenly I was nauseous, over-heated, sweaty, lightheaded, and weak.

So I told Quinn and then I put my head on his shoulder and... FAINTED!!

Right in the middle of sacrament meeting! I don't think anyone else noticed (no one was screaming when I came to at least). Seriously though, the middle of the meeting! I can't get up and run out (cause I would've fainted in the aisle) I can't leave after I fainted(cause I was too weak). I had nothing to do but lean over and faint on Quinn. Thank heavens for a supportive spouse!

I fainted twice while pregnant with Dainen and I could easily faint again with this pregnancy...
So you'll have to excuse me if I don't walk around talking about how thrilled I am to be pregnant again. I'm hurting, I'm tired and I'm walking in fear of losing consciousness at any moment.

While I dislike pregnancy a whole lot, I am excited that we will be welcoming a sweet little BOY into our family in June/July. We love him already! (I would just prefer to be holding him in my arms).

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
We met, fell in love, were married and had two sweet boys exactly two years apart! A love story 8+ years in the making. Life is good =).