Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Latest Project

This project kinda got out of hand. I started it probably 2 months ago and I just finished. Let me say, that while I enjoyed working on it, I’m glad to be done! it started out as just some wooden toys for my son to play with when he’s old enough to play with them. Then I figured it would be good to make some extras cause they are cute and I could give them to friends having babies at baby showers and such. Then I had the idea of doing vehicles as well as animals and then by the time I made extras of those there were about 54 toys total. Like I said, it got out of hand…

Thankfully I have a family that is both tolerant and helpful. Quinn is really busy with school but he was able to help a bit with cutting the shapes out and drilling. My parents really helped a lot with cutting out the shapes, sanding and drilling holes and some painting too. I did probably 80% of the sanding, 100% of the tracing, 93% of the painting and 100% of the assembling. It was a lot of work but they turned out so good!

Unfortunately they will just be sitting in a box until our son is old enough to play with them or till someone else has a baby. I figured it would be way harder to undertake a huge project like this with a newborn, so even if they sit around for a while, I’m glad I got them done now.











1 comment:

  1. Those are so cute! What a great idea, you are so creative, Molly!

    ReplyDelete

About Us

My photo
We met, fell in love, were married and had two sweet boys exactly two years apart! A love story 8+ years in the making. Life is good =).