Sunday, May 18, 2014

Dainen's Amazing New Quilt!


         My mother-in-law is pretty awesome! I needed to make a quilt for Dainen's bed since he's in a toddler bed now, and he only has crib sized blankets. Crib sized blankets still cover him, but he's growing and I figured I had a better chance of getting it done before the baby came.

        So I made the front of the quilt and then talked to my mother-in-law about her possibly quilting it for me when I got it to that point and she did the rest!  I gave her the front of the quilt (minus the border) and the batting and we talked about what I wanted and she got it done! She did such an amazing job, I love it!
      
       For the front of the quilt (not the border) I got the two solid color fabrics when I was in American Samoa four years ago. Then I found the striped fabric (which was a dress) at a local thrift store and the colors worked perfectly together! The rest of the fabric Pam was nice enough to let me have.

(Had to take the pictures on my phone so the quality isn't the best, but you can still see how cool it looks.)

The whole quilt, love the colors!
The back of the quilt, Pam made it look so neat!
A close up of the quilting. Yes, there are whales all around the border =)


The quilting in the middle of the quilt is easier to see on the back, it looks so good!

Dainen loves his new quilt, it looks so great on his bed and in his ocean room! (yes, Dainen likes to make a mess in his room, ignore that, just look at the quilt and the adorable toddler)

     My Mother-in-Law likes to say that I made the quilt, but I don't have any idea how to use the quilting machine. If I did it all myself it would've been a tied quilt (since I know how to do that) and it wouldn't have been nearly as great. I think it's even more special since we both had a hand in it =).

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
We met, fell in love, were married and had two sweet boys exactly two years apart! A love story 8+ years in the making. Life is good =).