Sunday, March 17, 2013
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Today, in honor of St. Patrick's Day we were a bit more creative with food. Quinn made green french toast for breakfast which was yummy.
For dinner I made a quiche full of green veggies, which didn't look green enough so I dyed the eggs too =).
I have to kinda laugh, cause I'm a trained scientist and I can follow a lab protocol to the letter. I can even bake and have things turn out yummy. However, when it comes to cooking, I can't seem to follow a recipe.
I've never made quiche before (that I remember anyway) so I looked up a recipe, ok, like six. Then I skimmed them, got the general idea and went into the kitchen without any recipe and made dinner. Maybe if I actually took the recipe with me I'd follow it...
I guess it's because I was taught to play with my food. Not in the making-mashed-potato-mountains sort of way, but to cook with creativity. My mom doesn't follow recipes either. It's not really a problem, I just find it kinda funny.
Here's how dinner turned out:
Dainen even had green stuff for dinner, yummy spinach!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Us
- Quinn and Mollika
- We met, fell in love, were married and had two sweet boys exactly two years apart! A love story 8+ years in the making. Life is good =).
No comments:
Post a Comment